Sunday 1 January 2012

First Steps

Well I've decided on a writing competition to enter and I've made the first steps. I've written 2 x 500 word flash fictions entries. Just need a third now.

I found it quite easy to write a 500 word story which is a little bit worrying as it probably means they are no good. I've even managed to upset the other half and I've killed him off in one of them. Is that a sign?

Anyway I am now a bit stuck for a theme for the third entry. That's the trouble with be able to pick any style or theme, you really have to dig deep in the imagination pool. At least if you are given a word or a phrase you have something to strucure a story around. I find that works for me.

Anyway I've got another 500 words to write so I'll be off for a bit.

Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment